Summer Blog hop and 7-1-16 sketch challenge


Welcome to the
Let's Scrap Summer Fun Blog Hop
The hop is from July 1st thru July 7th midnight...

Now you would have seen the rules but just to go over them, you have started at the Lets Scrap Sketches Blog
and you will need to finish there as well.….

At each stop you will see what they have done with the sketch
and comment on it and follow their blog (these are a must!!)
Each blog stop will have their own prize, (here is mine)



… so opportunities for more prizes in each blog!!

The last stop is back at the Let’s Scrap Sketches Blog and you will see a linky button and we would like you to 
take a picture of your scrapbooking area as is right now!! AND add our Let’s Scrap Sketches badge to your blog for others to find us!!!

Please remember to make sure you leave your blog addy in the comment section
of the blog so we can visit you too!!

You have to play by all the rules and comment on each blog to be eligible for
the prizes here on Let’s Scrap Sketches.

There is still the prize for the random winner for the sketch
as well as Top Picks so the Blog Hop is separate and fun!!

So now to the current sketch.

And my take as a double page layout.


and also as a card using the same sketch.

I have added some photos below on how I completed the background for the layouts,
so I hope you give it a go. 


And remember to hop along and visit my fellow DT members.
Be sure you follow the rules and comment on each and every blog and follow them.
Also make sure you add our badge to your blog (if you have a blog) comment on the mail blog page with your blog addy and take a pic of your scrappy area!!
Lots of prizes and lots of fun!!!

Now a little more detail on how I created the background:

This really comes from that fact that I have a large number of papers that I purchased some time ago that don't quite do it for me.  So rather than just purchasing more I have started to recraft the look.   
  
 Firstly I stencil with modelling paste and in this case I used 2 different stencils
  
 Than I used mist and inks to add more colour
  
 Then finally I used kindy glits and micro beads to add another dimension.
I swirled the kinky glits across the papers and then peppered the beads over the papers.  
I let the papers dry and then I placed
then under a heavy paper container to flatten the papers a little bit.  As you know with stencilling and inking paper often warp a little.

Once dried I completed the place of the photos and another embellishments.

 






I hope you like it,  now remember to add a comment so I can come have a look at you blog and you can also be in for my RAK blog hop prize.  And I would look it if you follow me.

Happy scrapping.
J



Comments

  1. Jonnece your take on the sketch with your gorgeous card and layout is just awesome. Love the mixed media effect on your layout's background with the birds and sky.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just love how you repurposed the plain paper. I try and get my girls to do that too.. we all have far too much paper and need to use what we have. Love changing things up and making it new. Great use of the sketch. Hugs, Mich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done the hop and it was so fun. Its just Ada's hop post which has not gone live yet, so hope I remember to come back later and comment.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you changed the sketch to make it work for you, as well as how you incorporated mixed media elements to change your background. Stunning work on both the card and layout!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous and unique take on the sketch! I love it!!! And that background - oh baby! How sublime!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great page!! love how you added a tutorial along with it!! I love microbeads but find I don't use them as much as I would like

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you've done the background. Must remember to use it more. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch, beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the technique you have used on your papers, so clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did your pp. Very clever it gives it a whole new look. It turn out gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! I love your background! I am trying to work in micro beads-so thank you for the inspiration! :) Beautiful layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like that you have used mixed media on your page, it adds the element of depth on your page without overcrowding it. Also love the card :)
    http://scrapbooksocialites.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  14. interesting background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  15. interesting background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout and the tutorial was great. I don't usually do mixed media but might have to try this.
    I'm a new follower so I can learn more from you.

    My Blog -- www.barbgreenberg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. One thing I battle with is the mix media and thanks for your very closeup pics. Love your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, love how you created your own background!! Such cute little boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOWZERS!! Jonnece, your LO is soooo beautiful!! Thanks for the tutorial on how you created the beautiful mixed media background. Love the card too!
    My Blog : http://emsigebiene.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jonnece your layout is stunning and the step by step for the background is great. It looks amazing. Cute pics of your boys too. Lovely card ... so cool that you followed the sketch too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year: Do-Al(l) Kreatives

It's all about the Cake - Layout

DO-AL(l) Creatives - First year birthday celebrations and Blog Hop